Re: gnustep-using game available as public beta

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: gnustep-using game available as public beta
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 14:26:30 +0100

On Wednesday, November 16, 2011 13:49 CET, Julian Mayer <julian@corecode.at>
wrote:

> hey
> >
> > Will there also be an OpenBSD version? I guess I have to wait until it
> > might be open source ;)
>
> i was under the impression that all BSD versions would be able to run the
> linux version through their linux binary compatibility layer.
Yes, should be possible. But at least I never bothered to install anything
which requires this large amount of dependencies.

> http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq9.html#Interact
>
> > But when its open source, please don't forget to announce it here. I'd be
> > happy to add it to the OpenBSD ports tree.
>
> yes i wont forget it. will be some time though before it ever can enter a
> package system, since the requirements like gnustep-svn, libobjc2 and clang >
> 2.9 will take some time getting into distributions.

IIRC, clang 3.0 will be release today, or this week, and I hope a new gnustep
release is not too far in the future anymore.
For the OpenBSD ports tree, I'm actually eagerly waiting for the update, to
actually switch to base all the gnustep ports on clang, libobjc2... I did a lot
of testing with this regard in the last couple of weeks, so its supposed to be
a smooth transition ;)

cheers,
Sebastian