Re: problem with base and non-fragile ABI

From: Niels Grewe
Subject: Re: problem with base and non-fragile ABI
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 10:32:21 +0200

Am 24.09.2012 10:00, schrieb Riccardo Mottola:
> Hi,
>
> Niels Grewe wrote:
>> Hello Ricardo,
>> I just re-enabled this line yesterday because it seemed to be commented
>> out accidentally and does the sane thing (as in checking that the
>> compiler will actually emit code for the ABI that gnustep-base is
>> expecting). Maybe you could post the relevant output from config.log
>> (`checking for non-fragile-abi support'...), since this test is used to
>> set GS_NONFRAGILE to the correct value?
>>
> it is strange: I don't see something relevant in config.log!
>
> I execute:
> ./configure CC=/usr/local/bin/clang
>
>> grep fragile config.log
> (empty result)

Okay, on closer inspection -base only executes this test if you
configured gnustep-make with `--enable-objc-nonfragile-abi'. So maybe we
should have a check there for whether non-fragile is the default. (This
is not by any chance on a *BSD platform? I think David made clang
default to the non-fragile ABI for some of them…)

Cheers,

Niels