Re: problem with base and non-fragile ABI

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: problem with base and non-fragile ABI
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 09:54:25 +0100

On 24 Sep 2012, at 09:32, Niels Grewe wrote:

> This
> is not by any chance on a *BSD platform? I think David made clang
> default to the non-fragile ABI for some of them…)

I believe the current release defaults to the non-fragile ABI on *BSD
(including Darwin, but a different non-fragile ABI there) but assumes Linux ==
GNU == GCC and so defaults to the legacy ABI there.

In trunk, --fobjc-nonfragile-abi is regarded as a legacy-compatibility option.
The correct way of selecting it is -fobjc-runtime=gnustep, ideally with a
version specified (currently it defaults to 1.7, and each clang release will
default to the latest runtime release that it supports).

David

-- Sent from my Difference Engine