Re: problem with base and non-fragile ABI

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: problem with base and non-fragile ABI
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 10:23:46 +0100

On 24 Sep 2012, at 10:16, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

> I did not specifically enable it (= I did not use any extra flag). I suppose
> that clang enables it anyway? Base is conflicting with what make declares.

I think that's probably correct, yes.  The configure test should be fixed to
check whether the non-fragile ABI is actually being used.  This is easy to do
with the test in the header.  This command should probably be the one used by
the configure script:

echo '__has_feature(objc_nonfragile_abi)' | $CC -E -x objective-c - -o - | tail
-1

This will print 1 if the non-fragile ABI is being used or something else (0 or
__has_feature(objc_nonfragile_abi), depending on whether the compiler supports
__has_feature) if it isn't.

On an unrelated note, has anyone tried using CMake to compile GNUstep
applications?  I have been very impressed with the combination of CMake and
Ninja as a build system for LLVM.

David

-- Sent from my Cray X1