Re: This thing we called GNUstep (Re: Kickstarter was not successful...

From: Pirmin Braun
Subject: Re: This thing we called GNUstep (Re: Kickstarter was not successful... but it did help things...)
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 20:16:19 +0100

Am Sun, 22 Dec 2013 12:17:48 -0600
schrieb Doc O'Leary <droleary@7usenet2013.subsume.com> :

> > today you'd better name it GNUcoa :-)
>
> I would lean away from anything that is overly Apple-branded, such as
> Cocoa, because it's as out of our control as the NeXT naming was.
> Better would be something like "Objective-GNU", which hits the
> underlying technology more.

I estimate that 90 % of all current Objective-C programmers are in the Apple
bubble so approaching them with a Apple-ish name would be the right thing.
And those looking for a development environment will more likely search for
"programming on Linux and Windows like on MOSX or iOS" than for "Objective-*"

--
Pirmin Braun - IntarS Unternehmenssoftware GmbH - Am Hofbräuhaus 1 - 96450
Coburg