NSTableView and data cell formatter

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: NSTableView and data cell formatter
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 00:16:58 +0100

Hi,

I am trying to debug a strange bug in TalkSoup (as of current sources in GAP)

At right, a user-list is displayed inside a TableView. This is tableView in StandardChannelController. The content of the data source is not just an array of strings, but of users (see Channel.m)

To display stuff there is a ChannelFormatter.

The formatter is set once by settinng the formatter of the column (setDataCell) with said formatter
(StandardChannelController.m:149)

All this seems fine, you join a channel and all looks nice. Usernames are displayed with nicks and you can scroll the tableview.

However, if you select a user, then that item (and at the next redraw, e.g. scroll, all items) displays as Object dump, not a string.
The formatting method is not called any longer.

I suppose the "formatter" of the cell is lost or anyway not invoked anymore.

Why that? What is wrong?

Riccardo