Re: NSTableView and data cell formatter

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: NSTableView and data cell formatter
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 16:54:02 +0100

Am 21.02.2015 um 15:20 schrieb Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it>:

> Fred Kiefer wrote:
>> The interesting bit is that the cell in frame #1 and #30 are different. The
>> method description only gets called if the formatter of a cell is nil. This
>> means, the second cell doesn't know about your special formatter, which
>> results in the wrong display. But why are there two separate cells involved
>> and why doesn't the second one have a formatter?
>> OK, I just found the teason for the later, there is a copy and paste error
>> in the copyWithZone: method of NSCell, which I am going to fix now. Maybe
>> this resolves your issue.
> Thank you, it works now! How old was this bug? I already found strange
> problems in other tables, e.g. Grrr, it could have been due to that. I will
> test them!

This bug was five years old. It was a tiny copy and paste error that David made
when trying to get GNUstep to compile with clang. We don't have a release note
for this change, so you wont find it in the ChangeLog file.

Glad that this helped you. What I still don't understand is why a copy of the
cell gets used in the first place.

Fred