Re: NSTableView and data cell formatter

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: NSTableView and data cell formatter
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 19:40:38 +0100

Hi,

Fred Kiefer wrote:
I did not look into the code here, but have a strong feeling what might go on
here. Most likely your cells are editable, or at least selectable. And when
they get selected, a different formatting method gets called that your specific
formatter did not override. This may be editingStringForObjectValue:, but I am
not sure. If the same code behaves correctly on Cocoa, we might have to look
into the fallback code of NSFormatter.
The cells are not editable, but selectable indeed. It is exactly when they "select" that the whole column seems to loose the formatter.

I don't have a comparison with cocoa though, I'm unable to get TalkSoup to run on Mac. I did a lot of work these past weeks, got the core to compile, but it doesn't run. I'll ask separately in a thread about it. Right now I have a problem with preferences.

Riccardo