Re: ANN: GNUstep Windows MSVC Toolchain Scripts

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: ANN: GNUstep Windows MSVC Toolchain Scripts
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 03:18:28 -0400

  >  There have been instances where GCC was released without a working ObjC
  > compiler effectively breaking GNUstep in the eyes of the rest of the
  > world.   Other compilers do not let this happen, but, for some reason, GCC
  > did and still does not consider Objective-C regressions to be a blocker.
  > Only C, and C++ issues.  GCC needs to consider Objective-C to be important
  > enough to its ecosystem to halt a release to fix a critical regression
  > otherwise GNUstep is not being treated equally.

WHat you say is valid.  And I think I could bring about that change in
policy, if some of you will support my push.

However, missing ObjC features have also been mentioned.  How crucial
are those to GNUstep?  Can someone identify the missing features that GNUstep
absolutely needs?

--
Dr Richard Stallman