Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU task list

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU task list
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 22:48:04 +0530

If memory serves me right, S11001001 wrote:

>   <li>PhpGroupWare</li>
        Yes, you're right. PHPGW has been working quite a bit on Webservices
part of DotGNU. AFAIK, there might be nearly 50 guys working PHPGW right
now. They have put in XMLRPC/SOAP into the groupware. What remains is a
good desktop client for GNU.
>   <li>Java language -> IL bytecode compiler</li>
        ...will work it out after our midterms are over ;-)

>   <li>the DotGNU development environment</li>
        This looks like a great idea to me. Something I probably won't use
at all, but will reduce the entry level barrier of FreeSoftware.
>    <li>graphical debugger</li>
        A must-have !. Debugging is a lost art to most people out here.
(including me, but my code works doesn't it).
>     <li>the viewing version will be included in user distribution?</li>
        The help browser ?. We already have a similar thing in GNOME don't we ?.
>    <li>program for setting up an internet presence, coordinating free softwar
        A group development app is essential, the starting point might
be the virtual p2p server.
>   <li>tutorials and manuals, libs and langs as used with this platform
        Who's gonna write them ?

My Wishlist
-----------
        * Editor embedding -- use emacs,vim,.....
        * Code Analysis -- check code for GNU coding standards
        * Function lookup in manuals -- TurboC has this, why not us ?.
        * I prefer XML + GZIP instead of using TexInfo directly
                - After all this is all about interoperability
                - Also this can produce PDF,PS or HTML from manuals
        * Rewrite savannah using phpgwapi so that it supports XMLRPC
                - write a GUI CVS client for Savannah (for now)
                - extend it to work using webservices (after XMLRPC)
        * Provide a P2P development environment
                - develop a *SCALABLE* loosely coupled cluster for
                  data serving for load sharing and failover.
                        - this looks a lot like the P2P dataserver
        * Look at Kdevelop for inspiration please :-)

        In the end I would like to mention that KDevelop comes very
close to the development environment needed for a newbie. All it
needs is to be modded to support cscc ,or  whatever. It's back
to vim and make for us.....

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success