Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU task list

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU task list
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 11:18:54 +0000

On Saturday 02 February 2002 16:53, Bill Lance:
> --- Norbert Bollow <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Here's how it works in my dreams :-)
> >
> > Let's say you have DotGNU SEE installed on your
> > machine, and you want to access a webservice application
> > somewhere.
> > Then the remote webservice application can transmit
> > to your SEE bytecode which implements a nice user interface.
>
> Hummm...  that's pretty much what Javascript and Java
> does now.  And they still use the ubiquitous browser
> as the carrier agent, abet with a plug-in for Java.

Well, you could implement you're application as a set of inter-calling
webservices, those which access scripts/DB's etc residing on a fixed node
that provides the necessary support resources for these 'special' web
services.  The rest of the application is distributed.

There's no reason why the fixed resource webservices can't run on a cluster
of machines on different networks for resilience (keeping DB's in sync here
can be a problem, but that's a problem inherent in todays technology).

Now, given that the application is a collection of webservices, and provided
that you abstract the UI properly, you *could* offer different webservices
for different UI types..... so long as the data can be rendered/processed
snsibly by the UI's proposed.

Or something like that.

--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Limited.