Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU task list

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU task list
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 08:37:20 +1000

Bill Lance wrote:

> There used to be a pure Java client from Sun.  Worked
> like the browser, but only with a Java server, not a
> http server.  Forgot the name of it.  :(

Perhaps you are thinking of the JavaStation?  Horrible
product.  Slow as hell, impossible UI, and a nightmare to
configure.  But it had a cool case shaped like the little
Java Duke guy, so that made everything OK!  :-)

The JavaStation was Sun's entry into the "network
computing" stakes.  As many of you know, I'm an NC
brat from way back - the JS was a joke compared to
other NC solutions.

Cheers,

Rhys.