Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU task list

From: Bill Lance
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU task list
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 08:53:47 -0800 (PST)

--- Norbert Bollow <address@hidden> wrote:
> Here's how it works in my dreams :-)
>
> Let's say you have DotGNU SEE installed on your
> machine,
> and you want to access a webservice application
> somewhere.
> Then the remote webservice application can transmit
> to your SEE
> bytecode which implements a nice user interface.

Hummm...  that's pretty much what Javascript and Java
does now.  And they still use the ubiquitous browser
as the carrier agent, abet with a plug-in for Java.

There used to be a pure Java client from Sun.  Worked
like the browser, but only with a Java server, not a
http server.  Forgot the name of it.  :(

Perhaps we could build a plug-in for Pnet bytecode
directly.  Wonder if that would mean that we'de have
to make a DirectX version for the Windows world since
they are droping Netscape plugin support?