dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Timeout during fixating

From: Denise Berendes
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Timeout during fixating
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 09:00:08 -0500

I also always get the SCSI timeouts using a Pioneer A05.  It is right at the
end while it is fixating.  Once it's done fixating everything returns to
normal.  It does it with DMA on or off.  I get this on 2 of my newer systems,
but not on 2 of my older systems.

I also have to turn on unmaskirq due to another problem.  If my system is
at all loaded, as in much memory being used or even a little disk I/O to
a different disk, while I'm writing a DVD my system clock starts losing
time rapidly and it takes twice as long to write a 4X DVD.  Turning on
unmaskirq makes it stop losing time, but it still takes longer to burn a
DVD if I'm accessing another SCSI hard drive that's on the same bus as the
ISO image.  Even though I turn on keepsettings, occassionally the parameters
still get reset for some reason.

My hdparm:

/dev/hdc:
 HDIO_GET_MULTCOUNT failed: Input/output error
 IO_support   =  0 (default 16-bit)
 unmaskirq    =  1 (on)
 using_dma    =  0 (off)
 keepsettings =  1 (on)
 readonly     =  0 (off)
 BLKRAGET failed: Input/output error
 HDIO_GETGEO failed: Invalid argument

If I can get enough time I can upgrade to kernel 2.4.21, otherwise I'll
wait for the RPM.

Denise