dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Timeout during fixating

From: Robert M. Stockmann
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Timeout during fixating
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 02:13:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Dirk Vornheder wrote:

> > i wouldnt try more than speed=1 fo DVDs before u figure out the
> > problem.
> >

> I test it with speed=1 but i get my problem again.
>
> The dvd that i have burned seems to be ok.
>

> > maybe set all to default (0) and try again, could be any of these if its
> > not 100% supported by the drive, ummaskirq give sometimes problems,
> > so DMA if its not supported, same for IO_support. just try it out.
> > maybe u have to check the other devices as well.
> >

> I turned dma off but it doesn't help.
>
> > > Some more lines from my burning tests:
> > >

> > > trackno=0
> > > BURN-Free is ON.
> > > Performing OPC...
> > > Sending CUE sheet...
> > > dvdrecord: WARNING: Drive returns wrong startsec (0) using -150
> > > Starting new track at sector: 0
> > > Track 01:   1 of 3757 MB written (fifo  96%).
> > >
> > > It seems to be a geneal problem with my drive because if i try to burn a
> >
> > seems to be ok til here, when du u get the timeout, exaclty, does it finish
> > burning the disk, or it just stops here ?!
> >

> No, that are the first line of the process.
>
> I get the problem only during fixating never during the "write"-process.
>
> > > normal cd i get the timeouts !!!
> >
> > thats odd, so more than likely the hdparm-settings, cant think of anything
> > else right now, or the drive is just not supported at all ?!
> > if im not mistaken the TAC DV W50E is exactly like the Pioneer A05 except
> > the firmware. did u update the firmware ?
>
> I have firmware 1.10 !
>
> There is no newer firmware !

Have a look at www.firmware-flash.com and for Pioneer burners more
specific at :

        http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=12632&highlight=a05

I flashed my A05 with : DVR-105_v1.30_RPC-1_2xDVD-R_12xRip.exe
Since then i was able to burn my Princo's 1x,2x again. The burned results
show all a smooth surface, with no rings etc.

For your DVR-A04 this might be interesting :

        http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=13433&highlight=dvr+a04

Robert