RE: Key bindings proposal

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: RE: Key bindings proposal
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 12:25:36 +0100

Stephen J. Turnbull writes:

> I'm not sure what extra RET key strokes you're talking about.  In
> XEmacs, you hold down the appropriate modifier with a menubar
> accelerator key.  This pulls down that menu.

As I mentioned in my previous message, I got fooled because the
examples I tried all had conflicts.

I went to a dired buffer and tried

m to get to Cmds, but it conflicted with Mark
s to get to Subdir, but it conflicted with Sort
l to get to Look, but it conflicted with "Load emacs"

Then I generalized, wrongly!

But 3 conflicts in the titles of a single menubar is rather much, I
think.

Cheers,
Uday