Co-authoring and attribution in commit message (was: A project-files imp

From: Kévin Le Gouguec
Subject: Co-authoring and attribution in commit message (was: A project-files implementation for Git projects)
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2019 07:52:23 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> Just talking about attribution. So if it's fine with you, I can
> mention you in the commit message somehow.

Out of curiosity (apologies for meddling in), would this be the kind of
situation where sticking a "Co-authored-by" makes sense?
(cf. CONTRIBUTE)

Terse and robotic as it may sound, I guess the convention allows anyone
(or any tool) interested in attribution to find it somewhat
deterministically…

(This prompted me to check whether any tool out there actually
recognizes this tag; apparently GitHub's log UI does[1].)

(Also, Magit just gained a new function to insert those easily[2]; no
default binding yet, unfortunately.)

[1]: https://github.blog/2018-01-29-commit-together-with-co-authors/
[2]:
https://github.com/magit/magit/commit/3add5310ba98b74bb3e7fb82dd259713a0c6606c