Re: A project-files implementation for Git projects

From: Felician Nemeth
Subject: Re: A project-files implementation for Git projects
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2019 17:10:40 +0200

>> It only calls project-files, project-roots, and project-external-roots.
>> So, it doesn't know about backends and other implementation details.
>
> But doesn't it rely in the current backend corresponding to the
> current LSP project? For instance, so that LSP server and the project
> agree on the list of project files.

If I understand the question correctly, then it does.  Eglot relies on
project.el to determine which files should be managed together by an LSP
server.  My extension uses the same project "instace" that eglot itself
uses in order to send the list of files in the project (and later their
contents) to the server.

> In any case, I'm curious which backend you end up normally using. You
> can evaluate (project-current) to see that.

Nowdays there's only one backend that I use: the vc backend with git.  I
tried EDE, but abandoned it.