Re: Tab bar tabs landed on master

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Tab bar tabs landed on master
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2019 01:07:54 +0300

> Can you explain how tab-bar-handle-mouse is supposed to work on TTY
> frames with a mouse?  It doesn't work for me on the MS-Windows
> console: I get "<nil> <mouse-1> is undefined".  Which makes sense to
> me, as I don't see any code which would generate a TAB_BAR_EVENT event
> on a TTY, so I thought I need to write code to implement that in the
> TTY case.  However, the doc string of tab-bar-handle-mouse seems to
> imply that I'm missing something.

tab-bar-make-keymap-1 binds '(keymap (mouse-1 . tab-bar-handle-mouse))
that on TTY frames accepts mouse clicks anywhere on the tab bar,
and then tab-bar-handle-mouse finds the clicked tab.

> Did you try the code on TTY frames with some mouse capability, and if
> so, what was your configuration?

On TTY frames on GNU/Linux the code works well after enabling
xterm-mouse-mode.  I tried to test it on MS-Windows too, but
can't figure out how to enable mouse on the MS-Windows console.
I was able to run 'emacs -nw' only on winpty.  Could you suggest
how mouse could be enabled on the MS-Windows console?