Re: Tabs

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Tabs
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 20:14:39 +0200

> Actually the hole is not the issue anymore. The problem was (before the
> latest Eli's change):
>
> 1) C-x 6 f file RET does not show any tab-bar/tab.
> 2) Leaving the desktop and returning made the tab-bar visible, but
> 2.1) It was not clickable,
> 2.2) Overlapped text in the first text line.
> 2.3) The cursor was also there.
> 2.4) Moving the cursor "erased" the tab exposing the text line under
> it.
> 2.5) Scrolling the text also scrolled part of the tab-bar.
>
> I sent pictures of all these issues since Tuesday.

The only picture I have is Screenshot_2019-10-09_17-08-58.png.  Is
that the one you mean?  Are you sure that you are on an unmodified
master?  And did you try turning off the tool bar?  The 'dired' icon
there looks unduly large IMHO.  And finally: Did you try building
without widgets, xft and modules?

martin