Re: Proposal: include list of contributors on GNU Emacs website

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Proposal: include list of contributors on GNU Emacs website
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 17:14:15 -0700

On 10/28/19 2:09 PM, Jean Louis wrote:

I could run it in
Emacs and edit the list without problems just as UTF-8.

That would work if this job were just a one-off. But the list of contributors changes with time and we don't want to do this task by hand each time the set of contributors changes.

Which name exactly?

Sorry, I've forgotten. But you can run the command yourself and see. As I recall, more than one name has problems, and the problems are not limited to non-UTF-8 names.

I do not have a clue how Emacs website is maintained.

https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Web-Pages.html

should help you get started.

When static page generator starts generating, script is run and I
don't need to take care of it.

It's not that simple at Savannah, for various reasons.