Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, ple

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 18:39:10 +0200

> From: Michael Albinus <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 17:04:42 +0100
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>  address@hidden
>
> Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > No exactly. But you can trivially look at the other recently reported
> > bugs, as well as the most recent discussions, and see that the project
> > is lively. Like I already said in the paragraph you cut out.
>
> You can subscribe to <address@hidden>. You can use the debbugs
> ELPA package. Granted, there's room for improvement, but we have them.

Just to remind us, again: debbugs does have a Web based UI that allows
to look at recently reported bugs and their discussions.  It only
doesn't allow making any changes, not even reporting a new bug or
closing an existing one.  (It does allow to download a bug's
discussion or any one of the messages posted in that discussion, as an
mbox file, which one can then point one's MUA at and read/respond.
Assuming one's MUA supports importing mbox files, that is; Emacs's
MUAs do.)