Re: list of elisp primitives ?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: list of elisp primitives ?
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2019 13:33:14 -0500

> Hence, knowing the building blocks (or a few dozen useful ones) can give
> a clearer idea of what to do with elisp in general.

I fully agree in theory.  But it's quite difficult to know what those
few blocks should be in general.  To some extent the Elisp Intro
provides this for the "general Elisp" context, but as soon as you get to
writing real Elisp code, it's not "general" any more and you get into
details specific to various packages and features (syntax-table,
buffers, files, font-lock, indentation, ...).

I think the best solution is to find humans to help you find the answers
your questions.  We also provide reference material for those cases
where human help is not available or not sufficient, but it's hard to
make such info work the way you describe for "all" the possible
interests of the reader.

        Stefan