Re: :alnum: broken?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: :alnum: broken?
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2020 23:44:47 +0100

On 2020-02-29, at 23:34, Clément Pit-Claudel <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2020-02-29 17:22, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
>> +1.  I consider myself fairly proficient in Elisp; I authored quitee
>> a few packages, some of them distributed on Github, some of them for
>> private use for a few people.  I admit that even that I know about
>> compiler warnings, I never got into a habit of compiling my files.  (I
>> know I should, but consider me as a datapoint suggesting that compiler
>> warnings are not enough.)
>
> Did you consider flycheck or flymake?  Both will compile your files in the
> background and report errors.

Interesting.  I didn't know that.  I tried enablng flycheck on ne of my
larger Elisp files.  It gave me one error in a apparently totally
correct (and working!) line (no idea why) and a lot of warnings about my
docstrings.  Still, this is a valuable advice, thanks!

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl