Re: :alnum: broken?

From: Clément Pit-Claudel
Subject: Re: :alnum: broken?
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2020 08:37:11 -0500

On 2020-03-02 02:15, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> That makes me cringe.  If I use flycheck, I want my files to be 100%
> warning-free.  What should I do with the line
>
> (require 'request)
>
> then, when it gives the error [...]

Same as you would do with the byte-compiler: tell it where to find packages.

See flycheck-emacs-lisp-initialize-packages:

flycheck-emacs-lisp-initialize-packages is a variable defined in ‘flycheck.el’.
Its value is ‘auto’

Documentation:
Whether to initialize packages in the Emacs Lisp syntax checker.

When nil, never initialize packages.  When ‘auto’, initialize
packages only when checking ‘user-init-file’ or files from
‘user-emacs-directory’.  For any other non-nil value, always
initialize packages.

When initializing packages is enabled the ‘emacs-lisp’ syntax
checker calls ‘package-initialize’ before byte-compiling the file
to be checked.  It also sets ‘package-user-dir’ according to
‘flycheck-emacs-lisp-package-user-dir’.

This variable is an option for the following syntax checkers:

  - ‘emacs-lisp’