Re: :alnum: broken?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: :alnum: broken?
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2020 12:03:24 -0500

>> Most of the warnings don't claim that the code is likely wrong, but
>> their aim is rather to make your code more reliable and future-proof.
> That makes me cringe.  If I use flycheck, I want my files to be 100%
> warning-free.

That's indeed what we're aiming for, which is why we provide
`with-suppressed-warnings`.

> What should I do with the line
> (require 'request)
> then, when it gives the error (not even warning!):
> "Cannot open load file: No such file or directory, request (emacs-lisp)"?

That's "unrelated": it's an error, not a warning.  In general it
indicates either an error in your code or an error in the way the
compiler is called, or an error in the compiler.  In this case it seems
to be a problem linked to flycheck.  Have you tried `flymake` instead?
Does it suffer from the same problem?

        Stefan