Re: :alnum: broken?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: :alnum: broken?
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2020 08:15:51 +0100

On 2020-03-02, at 04:07, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Interesting.  I didn't know that.  I tried enablng flycheck on one of my
>> larger Elisp files.  It gave me one error in a apparently totally
>> correct (and working!)
>
> Most of the warnings don't claim that the code is likely wrong, but
> their aim is rather to make your code more reliable and future-proof.

That makes me cringe.  If I use flycheck, I want my files to be 100%
warning-free.  What should I do with the line

(require 'request)

then, when it gives the error (not even warning!):

"Cannot open load file: No such file or directory, request (emacs-lisp)"?

(Of course, I have the `request' package installed.)

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl