Re: Process to build standalone Emacs + deps in Windows

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Process to build standalone Emacs + deps in Windows
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 22:40:17 +0000

Juan José García-Ripoll <address@hidden> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Incidentally, here goes a patch to allow build-zips.sh just build zips (with
> build-zips.sh -z) and avoid building the installer.

I'd rather not add that at the moment. I suspect that there are only two
people who have ever run build-zips.sh and one of them (me) doesn't need
it.

The number of options on build-zips.sh is too large anyway, and
documenting it is on my list of things to do. I have a sneaking
suspicion that I have changed it, broken something else, then fixed it
again several times at different points in the Emacs release cycle. With
a gap of years between major releases, it's hard to get right for all
the different stages.

Phil