Re: Process to build standalone Emacs + deps in Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Process to build standalone Emacs + deps in Windows
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 16:32:24 +0200

> From: Juan José García-Ripoll
>  <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 14:16:54 +0100
>
> Emacs on Windows should have, by default, a build process that
> allows users to build their own standalone installation, without
> imposing them to use makensis.

It does.  It's just that the build process we support doesn't include
building and packaging optional libraries, that is definitely outside
of the scope of the Emacs project.  I'm okay with hosting contributed
scripts that do more than what we are supposed to do, but I don't
think it's fair to take that for granted and demand that we provide
some QoS regarding those scripts.

Thanks.