Re: vertical fido-mode

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: vertical fido-mode
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 15:10:18 +0200

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 02:08:56AM +0300, Juri Linkov wrote:
So in my opinion maybe we can provide the vertical mode in a simpler way
just improving icomplete-completions and some other small changes here
and there. WDYT?

It could also add a different way to "select" a previous or next
completion: instead of rotating the list, move the highlight (and some
fringe indicator, maybe).

Or show vertical completions in the *Completions* buffer and use the
current icomplete keys to navigate the *Completions* list from the minibuffer.

Yes, that's like a zsh completion experience. But in my opinion it is
more like a *Completions* buffer functionality right? (add bindings and
autoinsert to the Complete buffer)

I am not sure it should be in icomplete. Personally I consider that the
*Completions* buffer conflicts with the completion list shown from fido
or icomplete and shouldn't be shown when using icomplete, fido, ido as
it is not shown in ivy or helm.