Re: master 1e3b0f2: Improve doc strings of project.el

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: master 1e3b0f2: Improve doc strings of project.el
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 15:54:56 +0300

On 19.06.2020 15:44, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

My suggested correction would be the previous wording. It might have
been more vague, but it covered both cases.

That'd be a step backwards, IMO.  I changed the doc string because in
its original form it didn't tell me enough to understand which buffers
could and couldn't be selected by that command.

In general, those would be the buffers where (project-current) would return the current project. I think that's pretty unambiguous.

"Buffer in a current project"
sounds too vague at best to me: a project doesn't include any buffers.

It includes their default-directory-es. Any idea how to modify the
docstring that the first sentence still fits on one line?

What kind of buffers are those, in normal use?  IOW, what buffers are
relevant to the project, but don't visit any file/directory?

If you look at bug#41868, it mentions VC-Dir and Dired buffers. Perhaps Philip also has other examples.

It also cleans up some "invisible" buffers created to service the files in the project, such as ones created by Flymake, etc.