Re: master 1e3b0f2: Improve doc strings of project.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master 1e3b0f2: Improve doc strings of project.el
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 17:37:28 +0300

> Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 14:25:46 +0000
> From: Theodor Thornhill <theo@thornhill.no>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org, dgutov@yandex.ru
>
>  buffers I create with "C-x b" will be considered to be part of the
>  project? Does this really make sense?
>
> This is the reason I only included file bound buffers initially in
> switch-to-buffer. But as Andrii noted, there are
> other interesting buffers as well, such as xref etc.

But the fact that a buffer visits a file doesn't yet make it a good
candidate, does it?

> Maybe we can add some logic to filter out more of the unrelated buffers?

Maybe we should step back and talk about the intended uses of this
command?  When would you want to switch to a buffer whose name you
don't know in advance?

As another provocative thought, should we perhaps consider the
major-mode of the buffer?