Re: master 1e3b0f2: Improve doc strings of project.el

From: Philip K.
Subject: Re: master 1e3b0f2: Improve doc strings of project.el
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 15:27:09 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> writes:

>>> It includes their default-directory-es. Any idea how to modify the
>>> docstring that the first sentence still fits on one line?
>>
>> What kind of buffers are those, in normal use?  IOW, what buffers are
>> relevant to the project, but don't visit any file/directory?
>
> If you look at bug#41868, it mentions VC-Dir and Dired buffers. Perhaps
> Philip also has other examples.

Magit, compile, xref, grep, occur, eshell would come to mind.

> It also cleans up some "invisible" buffers created to service the files
> in the project, such as ones created by Flymake, etc.

On that topic, I noticed that it might confusing, since they are also
counted as "buffers to be killed", while project-switch-to-buffer
ignores these, perhaps the prompt should point that out? Just wanted to
mention that before I forget it again.

--
        Philip K.