Re: Feature branches review please (ivy hello)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Feature branches review please (ivy hello)
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2020 08:56:45 -0500

> I have seen previous discussion about it entering main Emacs.
> Question: Why not?

FWIW, here's my take on it: a package should be included in Emacs
if it's activated by default or if it's a library that's required by
many other packages.

To help relieve the pain that such a "minimalist" view implies,
I consider that some GNU ELPA packages (the most popular/impactful ones)
should be bundled into Emacs's tarball, starting with the
`gnu-elpa` package (https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/gnu-elpa.html).

        Stefan