Re: Introducing emacs-webkit and more thoughts on Emacs rendering (was R

From: Akira Kyle
Subject: Re: Introducing emacs-webkit and more thoughts on Emacs rendering (was Rethinking the design of xwidgets)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 11:53:45 -0700

On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 11:29 AM, T.V Raman <raman@google.com> wrote:

It would still be even nicer to see a lisp wrapper over webkit a la nyxt --- then you could actually manipulate higher-level objects, rather
than bits rendered by webkit.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, that's pretty much what this is. I'm trying to not do too much in the dynamic module, just expose webkitgtk functions to lisp along with the ability to embed the webkit views in an Emacs window (or in a separate, dedicated gtk window if the Emacs window isn't gtk).