Re: Introducing emacs-webkit and more thoughts on Emacs rendering (was R

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: Introducing emacs-webkit and more thoughts on Emacs rendering (was Rethinking the design of xwidgets)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 16:29:31 +0000

[...]

> Someone posted a similar issue and it was due to them not running
> Emacs 28, but I just recently added a check to give an error message.

i have that problem in debian/sid, with an emacs compiled from today's
master branch (but not the pgtk one).  the error happens when loading
the .so file, and the error message says that a symbol dynamically
linked in it (gtk_init_<something>, i lost the trace, sorry) is not
found.  so it looks as if some ldconfig step or something of the sort
were missing, but i haven't had time to investigate it furthere.

cheers,
jao
--
A man has to live with himself, and he should see to it that he always has
good company. -Charles Evans Hughes, jurist (1862-1948)