Re: Introducing emacs-webkit and more thoughts on Emacs rendering (was R

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Introducing emacs-webkit and more thoughts on Emacs rendering (was Rethinking the design of xwidgets)
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 00:51:43 -0500

  > Just a curious question: have you ever looked at libmpv?
  > Would it be possible to embedd video via livmpv in an image container
  > just as jpg, png etc?

Would people please present a description of what this plan aims to do?
There may be ethical questions that need to be considered, as well as
technical design questions.

For instance, I am concerned that it may lead to extending Emacs using
Javascript programs without verification of their licenses, perhaps
picking them up off the internet without checking them.

Or perhaps it doesn't do anything like that.  But I can't assume that,
since I just don't know.  Would you please fill me in?

--
Dr Richard Stallman