Re: night-mode?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: night-mode?
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 12:47:16 +0300

* Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com> [2020-11-24 11:55]:
> Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:
> > Guess what, now is night, lights are on, and I use plain white
> > background that stubbornly contradicts the meaning of night-mode.
> I am not the one who thinks "night-modes" are for night and "day-modes" are
> for days. I run nigh-mode 24h/day (solarized dark) :-)
>
> > EXWM works just well. One need to know that external programs should
> > be launched with M-& and not with M-! as that would block.
> Yeah sure; I am aware of that, but do you run Firefox (or whatver
> browser) from within Emacs? You use Emacs as your process-runner? Is it
> stable?

Yes, I run anything within EXWM, it works just fine. Some frame
customization I need for those programs with multiple frame such as
Gimp for example, or dia and in general all programs work well. Maybe
few not so.

Everything is stable and working well and fine.

Switching WM windows I do not use, I use switch buffer as Emacs buffer
I can switch to video player or browser.

Then I use workspaces, all 10 with M-w to change workspace or quick
M-2 and so on. So often I have let us say email handling on workspace
1, that is where I handle emails, but I may be watching video on
workspace 7, while chat is on workspace 2 and browsing on workspace 3.

> I use xbindkyes for few apps I use often (firefox, emacs, st)
> and Rofi as more general process launcher. I just don't want everything
> else to crash if Emacs crashes.

I have never experienced Emacs crush with EXMW, but did experience
more faster swapping problem or memory problem which we are trying to
handle on the bugs mailing list.

> > In general
> > I can watch embeded video within Emacs session and move that buffer to
> > something else when I fish, screen can be tiled as Emacs is tiled.
> How do you embedd video in Emacs?

I just launch video in EXWM. That is all. Install and try, it is
nothing hard to do. Any program I can launch and it looks like it is
within Emacs.