Re: night-mode?

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: night-mode?
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 09:55:24 +0100

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:
> Guess what, now is night, lights are on, and I use plain white
> background that stubbornly contradicts the meaning of night-mode.
I am not the one who thinks "night-modes" are for night and "day-modes" are
for days. I run nigh-mode 24h/day (solarized dark) :-)

> EXWM works just well. One need to know that external programs should
> be launched with M-& and not with M-! as that would block.
Yeah sure; I am aware of that, but do you run Firefox (or whatver
browser) from within Emacs? You use Emacs as your process-runner? Is it
stable?

I use xbindkyes for few apps I use often (firefox, emacs, st)
and Rofi as more general process launcher. I just don't want everything
else to crash if Emacs crashes.

> In general
> I can watch embeded video within Emacs session and move that buffer to
> something else when I fish, screen can be tiled as Emacs is tiled.
How do you embedd video in Emacs?

> Desktop I do not know what is meaning of it, I know that people use
> Windows to place stuff on virtual desktop. I protest against the
> automatic creation of ~/Desktop in my file system and it is empty
> directory I delete from time to time. Do you mean that?
No, no :-). It is just me not expressing myself very precise; with desktop,
I ment my X11 session; I don't run any desktop icons either, or
taskbars, menubars, etc.