Re: Proposal for an emacs-humanities mailing list

From: Paul W. Rankin
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 13:55:58 +1000

On 2020-11-30 13:31, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
You ask me or Lars, that's how.

However, I don't understand what is expected from the active Emacs
developers wrt this list.  It sounds like they will need to subscribe
to this new list, for it to be useful?

Cool, you wanna go ahead and create it?

Nothing further is expected. I imagine there will be little-to-no overlap between emacs-devel and emacs-humanities discussions. In fact it would probably work best if it were clear it's not a tech support line, in which case I'll revise the proposed description to:

This list is for general discussion on using GNU Emacs in the Humanities. Participants are assumed to be non-programmers and respected as such.

If GNU's preference is for someone at GNU to admin the list that would also be my first preference, but if you want someone else, I'm happy to.