Re: Experimentally unbind M-o on the trunk

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Experimentally unbind M-o on the trunk
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 08:27:53 +0300

* Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> [2021-02-10 20:05]:
> Because we care about other people, in particular newbies.  The bindings
> people are suggesting suppressing are all basic editing commands.  If
> their bindings are taken from them, then they become inaccessible, und
> unknowable, to all but a few old hands.  Newbies should also be able to
> discover and use back-to-indentation, open-line, and so forth.

It is good to take care of newbies in Emacs.

Yet if I am new I would not mind what somebody changed before me as
that I would not know so it would not matter.

Concerns with changs of key bindings impact those people who use
keyboard as extension of human body. That is why key binding is
sensitive subject rather for non-newbies.

The discussion developed as no cyborg likes surgical-like
interventions in their neural connections.