Re: Experimentally unbind M-o on the trunk

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Experimentally unbind M-o on the trunk
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 17:45:55 +0200

> From: "Alfred M. Szmidt" <ams@gnu.org>
> Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 10:12:20 -0500
> Cc: gregory@heytings.org, larsi@gnus.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> Sorry, I atleast have a hard time taking these suggestion to remap
> long standing keybindings randomly seriously, likewise suggestions
> that users should just resort to M-x or binding them themselves.

Can you explain why you are so worried about Emacs changing the
default key bindings?  Given that it takes one line in your .emacs to
restore any binding you care for, why argue so much about the
defaults?

This question also goes to everyone else in this long dispute who
wants their precious key bindings preserved: why is such a long
discussion needed when it is so easy to restore, in your init file, a
binding you want preserved?