Re: "Fix" sag scaling for hidpi

From: Alan Third
Subject: Re: "Fix" sag scaling for hidpi
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 22:47:39 +0000

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 08:18:41PM +0000, Alan Third wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 12:34:50PM -0500, Yuan Fu wrote:
> > Actually, :pixel-ratio probably isn’t a good idea. I guess we should
> > just let the user decide what they want when inserting an image, and
> > automatically add :scale in image-mode.
>
> Yes, I agree. That's really what I was struggling with, getting
> image-mode to load the image at physical pixel size. I don't do much
> lisp coding, so I'm quite slow to get to understand it.
>
> I'll keep looking, though.

OK, I've got something that works here. It seemed a bit too easy given
how much code there is in image-mode.el to do with scaling, but as I
said, it seems good to me.

(And I've just realised when attaching this that the commit name is
nonsense, but I imagine it will require a NEWS entry that I've not
written, so this won't be the final patch anyway.)
--
Alan Third