Re: "Fix" sag scaling for hidpi

From: Alan Third
Subject: Re: "Fix" sag scaling for hidpi
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 23:30:38 +0000

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 04:00:21PM +0000, Alan Third wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 04:09:26PM +0100, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> > Alan Third <alan@idiocy.org> writes:
> >
> > > But I've added code to shrink raster images as on macOS (and PGTK)
> > > they are also displayed at the logical size. This is probably less of
> > > a problem than with SVGs as often you can't really tell, but I'm of
> > > the opinion that if I open an image in an image viewer (I'm
> > > considering image-mode as an image viewer) I'd expect it to be the
> > > physical size. Perhaps this is wrong and most people expect the
> > > logical size.
> >
> > I expect the logical size in an image viewer.
>
> OK, I'll remove that code.

I've pushed the code that fixes aliasing on SVG images on NS. I've not
made any changes to raster images or the XGTK stuff as I think it must
be doing the right thing already (for some value of right that I find
strange, but whatever).

It should be simple to extend the PGTK port to do the same thing as
the NS port to get the same effect.

(Amazingly this code works under GNUstep! I didn't know GNUstep did
scaling, but it does. Alas there seems to be a bug where when you
enable scaling the frame contents are pushed upwards. I don't think
it's an Emacs bug, but I'd have to investigate more to find out for
sure.)
--
Alan Third