Re: "Fix" sag scaling for hidpi

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: "Fix" sag scaling for hidpi
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 00:50:26 +0200

On 13.02.2021 15:09, Alan Third wrote:
But I've added code to shrink raster images as on macOS (and PGTK)
they are also displayed at the logical size. This is probably less of
a problem than with SVGs as often you can't really tell, but I'm of
the opinion that if I open an image in an image viewer (I'm
considering image-mode as an image viewer) I'd expect it to be the
physical size. Perhaps this is wrong and most people expect the
logical size.

Sorry for probably sidetracking this conversation, but can this at all be relevant to rendering the fringe bitmaps as well?

I noticed the pgtk and the GTK3 builds render them in different size at 2x scaling. Basically, pgtk scales (and renders them kind of fuzzily) and GTK3 does not. I wonder if their rendering could be standardized as well, and whether the same approach could be used to avoid fuzziness.