Re: "Fix" sag scaling for hidpi

From: Alan Third
Subject: Re: "Fix" sag scaling for hidpi
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 11:17:38 +0000

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 12:13:04PM +0100, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Alan Third <alan@idiocy.org> writes:
>
> > OK, I've got something that works here. It seemed a bit too easy given
> > how much code there is in image-mode.el to do with scaling, but as I
> > said, it seems good to me.
>
> I've not tried the patch, but if I understand correctly, it won't affect
> the displayed size of non-SVG images?  In which case it looks good to
> me, I think...

No, on macOS retina screens it will display raster images at
1/scale-factor size in image-mode, which is 1:1 with physical pixels
on the screen.

If you just insert an image using create-image or in some other
manner, then nothing has changed.

I'm going to try and code up the GTK side of this, and then hopefully
more people can see the behaviour and decide if it's what we want to
happen.
--
Alan Third