Re: Merging native-comp and pgtk

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Merging native-comp and pgtk
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 18:06:45 -0500

> For me, the native-comp branch is not yet usable on mingw64 64bit:

Should "usable on mingw64" a prerequisite to merge a branch for an
experimental feature that will only be activated upon explicit
user request?

> The native-comp branch looks promising, but still needs a little more
> work to make it suitable for wider use. Whether that should be done on a
> development branch or after merging into master is a separate issue.

But this thread is specifically about where that work should take place.
As long as the code is on a separate branch, it incurs the extra
overhead of having to keep merging changes from `master` to keep it up
to date.

        Stefan