Re: Merging native-comp and pgtk

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Merging native-comp and pgtk
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 08:27:39 -0500

> We may indeed decide that good support for the MS-Windows build is not
> a prerequisite, but then we'd need someone to volunteer to fix any
> potential problems, including breaking the MS-Windows build, as result
> of the merge.  IME, any breakage of that kind on master is left
> unfixed until yours truly does it.

I think it's clear we don't want to merge  of those two branches if they
introduce regressions in the "normal" case (i.e. the case where we
build without pgtk and without native-comp support).

> If I'm unable to build the native-comp code (and Andy just said
> the --with-wide-int configuration, which is what I use, doesn't
> build),

I suspect that his report of breakage is not that the native-comp branch
can't build at all on Windows+wide-int but that it doesn't build *if* you
enable native-comp.

        Stefan