Re: Current mode command discovery

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Current mode command discovery
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 16:38:46 +0200

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
> Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 15:31:53 +0100
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > Thanks, but why is it not documented in the user manual?  It's a
> > command, so the user manual, not the ELisp manual, is the preferred
> > place for its documentation.
>
> I had a feeling I'd forgotten something.

I've now tried this new command.

  emacs -Q
  M-S-x

This shows "M-x" prompt, whereas I expected either "M-X" or "M-S-x".

  TAB

This shows the following *help* buffer:

  Click on a completion to select it.
  In this buffer, type RET to select the completion near point.

  Possible completions are:
  backward-delete-char-untabify (DEL)           completion-at-point (C-M-i)
  edebug-defun (edebug-eval-top-level-form)
  eval-defun (C-M-x)                            eval-print-last-sexp (C-j)
  indent-pp-sexp (C-M-q)

That's it.  All of it.  Is that the intent?