RE: [External] : Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 15:51:23 +0000

> > I think the solution is to have toolbars inside the window's text,
> > rather than attached to the frame.
>
> Yeah, I think that's the way forward.  Having the toolbar in the window
> will allow much greater flexibility, and allow users to switch the
> toolbar on in modes where it makes sense.

By "inside the window's text" do you mean anywhere
within it, so for example a user could move it
around within that space?  Or do you mean something
more like what Eli suggested - perhaps handled like
a header-line is handled?

In what you imagine, would more than one such tool
bar be possible within the window's text area?

I guess my overall request here is whether you can
perhaps flesh out more of what you (plural) have
in mind.